• Beyond Forbearance as the Moral Foundation for a Health Care System: Analysis of Engelhardt’s Principles of Bioethics, B.P. Minogue et al. (eds.) 113-138 (Klumer Academic Publishers, 1997).
• Cooperative Beneficence and Professional Obligations, Professional Ethics, Vol. 3, Nos. 3 & 4, 83-115 (1994).
Rory B. Weiner, Esq, Ph.D. - Board Certified in Business Litigation
Rory Weiner, Esq., B.C.S., Ph.D. is board certified in business litigation by the Florida Bar. He focuses his practice on advising small businesses and their families. His experience includes advising about business start up issues, litigating business disputes at trials and arbitration hearings, and handling appeals. Mr. Weiner has handled numerous jury and non-jury trials, arbitration hearings and both state and federal appellate cases. He is also a title insurance agent for Old Republic Title Insurance Company and the Attorneys Title Fund. He advises businesses on all aspects real estate law, title issues and financing, including acting as the closing agent for commercial and residential real estate transactions.
• Rory B. Weiner, P.A., Founder and Principal (2003-present)
• Law Offices of Stearns Weaver Miller Weissler Alhadeff & Sitterson, P.A., Tampa, Florida, Commercial Litigation Department (2001-2003);
• Federal Judicial Law Clerk, for Honorable Michael A. Ponsor, in the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts (1999-2001).
States and Courts admitted to Practice Law
• Florida Bar (2000);
• Massachusetts Bar (2000);
• United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida (2001);
• United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit (2001).
• United States Supreme Court (2008)
• Board Certified in Business Litigation by the Florida Bar (2011)
Presentations/ Legal Publications
• J.D., Western New England College School of Law (1999) (Law Review)
• Ph.D. University of Florida (Philosophy/Ethics) (1993) (Humanities Fellow)
• B.A. University of Florida (Philosophy) (1985)
• B.S. University of South Florida (Biology) (1984)
Prior to Becoming an Attorney
Rory Weiner earned a Ph.D. in moral philosophy from the University of Florida in 1993. There, he wrote his dissertation on applied ethics and health care policy under the supervision of the world-renowned Oxford philosopher and ethicist R. M. Hare. Mr. Weiner has published articles on moral philosophy and professional ethics (cited above) and has given numerous lectures at conferences on these topics.
Mr. Weiner also spent many years teaching moral, political, and legal philosophy. A sample of his teaching positions includes the following:
• Certified Paralegal, National Association of Legal Assistants (2004-Present)
• Florida Certified Paralegal, Paralegal Association of Florida (2006-Present)
• Florida Registered Paralegal, Florida Bar (2008- Present)
• Associate of Science, Paralegal/Legal Studies, Hillsborough Community College (May, 2002)
• Associate of Science, Criminal Justice, Hillsborough Community College (December, 2002)
• Bachelor of Science, Paralegal/Legal Studies, Florida Gulf Coast University (May 2009)
Jennifer R. Wallace is a Certified Paralegal and a Florida Registered Paralegal with the Florida Bar. She assists the firm’s attorneys in the areas of commercial litigation, probate, wills and trusts, small business law, and real estate. She works directly with clients in assisting attorneys with drafting discovery for litigation matters and she monitors deadlines for cases and trials. Jennifer also works closely with clients to ensure accuracy and efficiency while assisting attorneys in drafting documents. She is always available to answer clients’ questions about the status of their cases.
Alicia Johnson - Office Manager
Jennifer R. Wallace, CP, CFLA, FRP
Tiffiney L. Daniels - Title and Closing Manager
Mrs. Daniels is a licensed title insurance agent for the State of Florida. With over 18 years experience in the title industry, she has a proven track record of success running title operations and handling closings from start to finish. She is experienced in all types of transactions, including residential, commercial, new construction and residential short sales. With her knowledge and experience, her goal is to make the closing process a pleasure from start to finish and to provide excellent service to our clients and the real estate community.
Alicia Johnson is the firm’s Office Manager. Ms. Johnson manages the firm’s client intake process, new matter preparation and all back office duties. She is happy to answer your questions about billing and case status.
Carol Boyette-Miller - Title and Closing Assistant
With over 30 years experience in the title industry Carol has trained in all functions of the industry. With her knowledge and skills she is able to handle all transactions from start to finish. She is currently assisting Tiffiney Daniels in the daily processing of all real estate transactions. As an experienced processor/closer her goal is to make each closing as stress free for all parties involved.
Rory B. Weiner, P.A. is a law office practicing Business Law, Civil Litigation, Real Estate Law, Closing Services, Short Sales, Probate and Wills & Trusts.
Our Law Firm office is located in Brandon, Florida at the Lumsden Executive Park.
We also represent clients in Riverview, Apollo Beach, Seffner, Valrico, New Tampa,
South Tampa and the surrounding Tampa Bay Area.
• Book Review, “The Hanging Judge, a Novel” by Michael A. Ponsor, The Florida Bar Journal, May, 2014 Volume 88, No. 5, p. 44.
• The Thirteenth Judicial Circuit 2014 Pro Bono Service Award Winners, Lawyer Magazine , Hillsborough County Bar Association, May, 2014, Vol. 24, No. 6, pp 48-51.
• “Pro Bono as a Gratifying Experience.” Lawyer, The Hillsborough County Bar Association. Vol. 23, No. 3 (January 2013).
• “Are you Currently Handling a Pro Bono Case?” Lawyer, The Hillsborough County Bar Association Vol. 22, No. 5 (March 2012).
• 2010 FR/BAR Residential Contract, Summary of New Provisions, Workshop for Realtors
• Resolving Real Estate Title Defects, The Purchase Agreement, Title Insurance, and The Closing Protection Letter, CLE Lecture (National Business Institute, February 9, 2011).
• What’s in a Name? Introduction to Trademark Law, August 2009 workshop for business owners
• Ethical Issues for Paralegals, Presented to the Paralegal Association of Florida, May 5, 2009.
• Am I Liable? Distinguishing Business and Personal Liability, February 2009 workshop for business owners
• Resolving Real Estate Title Defects: Insured Closings—The Closing Protection Letter, CLE Lecture (National Business Institute, June 4, 2007).
• Real Estate Transaction: Simple Becomes Solid: Due Diligence Issues and Litigations Perspectives, CLE, Lecture (National Business Institute, Nov. 16, 2006).
• Instructor, Paralegal Program, Hillsborough Community College, taught Business Organizations, Real Estate Law, Wills and Trusts courses (2003-2006).
• Coach for the Brandon YMCA, 3-6 year olds (2001-2005);
• Rotarian in the Tampa East Rotary Club (2003-2006) (Board of Directors);
• Volunteer attorney for Bay Area Legal Services (2001-present);
• Small Business Development Committee member, Greater Brandon Chamber (2005-2007)
• Board Member, The Greater Seffner Area Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors (2005-present);
• President, The Greater Seffner Area Chamber of Commerce (2009-2011)
• President, Brandon Bar Association (2010-2011)
• Secretary, Brandon Bar Association (2003-2006; 2011-present)
• University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida (1986-1994)
• Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts (1994-1995)
• Northeastern University, Boston Massachusetts (1996)
• Westfield State College, Westfield, Massachusetts (1996-1999)
• Paralegal Advisory Committee, Hillsborough Community College (2006-Present)
• Member, Paralegal Association of Florida, Inc. (2003-Present)
• Treasurer, Paralegal Association of Florida, Inc. (2010-2012)
• Member, Hillsborough Chapter, Paralegal Association of Florida, Inc. (2003-Present)
• President, Hillsborough Chapter, Paralegal Association of Florida, Inc. (2008-2010)
Attorneys at Law - Brandon/Tampa (813) 681-3300
~ Business Law ~
Phone: (813) 681-3300
Fax: (813) 681-3391
Sierra Whitaker-Davis is a Cum Laude graduate from Western Michigan University Cooley Law School. During her studies, Ms. Whitaker-Davis served as the Vice President to the Moot Court Team and as the Marketing Editor for Cooley’s Law Journal for Practical and Clinical Law. Her excellent leadership and hard work led to her receiving the Andoloro Award for the Journal and was nominated as the Distinguished Student for her graduating class. Ms. Whitaker-Davis primarily concentrates on business litigation, real estate disputes, trusts, wills, and appellate matters.
• Summer Law Clerk, for Honorable John L. Badalamenti, Second District Court of Appeal (2016)
• 13th Circuit State Attorney’s Office Certified Legal Internship, Tampa, Florida (2016)
• U.S. Attorney’s Office Internship, Middle District of Florida, Tampa, Florida (2015)
• Fall Law Clerk, for Honorable Gregory P. Holder, 13th Judicial Circuit, Tampa, Florida (2015)
• J.D., Cum Laude, Western Michigan University Cooley Law School (2017) (Law Journal)
• B.S., Saint Leo University (Criminal Justice) (2011)
• A.S., Community College of the Air Force (Logistics) (2009)
Prior to Becoming an Attorney
Sierra Whitaker-Davis served on active duty for the United States Air Force from 2004-2014. During her first years, Master Sergeant Whitaker-Davis served in the United States Air Force Honor Guard providing military honors to fallen heroes in Arlington National Cemetery. She also provided ceremonial support during President Ronald Regan’s funeral procession, Supreme Court Chief Justice William Rehnquist’s funeral, and numerous Presidential ceremonies at the White House and Pentagon. After three years in D.C., she served as a logistics planner organizing deployment missions and coordinating airlift to support deployment operations for Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom from MacDill AFB, Florida and Ramstein AB, Germany. She deployed in support of these mission in 2008, 2010, and in 2012. After Ms. Whitaker Davis left active duty, she transitioned to the Air Force Reserves where she continues to serve today at the United States Special Operations Central Command (SOCCENT) as the Superintendent of Logistics. She has been presented numerous awards and medals because of her dedication to service.
• Senior Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year 2016
• Senior Non-Commissioned Officer of the Quarter 2016
• Non-Commissioned Officer of the Quarter 2010/2014
• Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year 2010
• 2 Outstanding Unit Awards
• Meritorious Unit Award
• Air Force Reserve Meritorious Service Medal
• Joint Commendation Medal
• 2 Air Force Commendation Medals
• Air Force Achievement Medal
• Tampa Bay Inn of Court (2016 -present)
• Reese Smith Jr. Litigation Inn of Court (2016)
• Hillsborough County Bar Association (2015 – Present)
• Subcommittee member of the Military and Veteran Affairs Committee (2015 – present)
• Hillsborough Association of Woman Lawyers
• Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honors Society