• Beyond Forbearance as the Moral Foundation for a Health Care System: Analysis of Engelhardt’s Principles of Bioethics, B.P. Minogue et al. (eds.) 113-138 (Klumer Academic Publishers, 1997).
• Cooperative Beneficence and Professional Obligations, Professional Ethics, Vol. 3, Nos. 3 & 4, 83-115 (1994).
Rory B. Weiner, Esq, Ph.D. - Board Certified in Business Litigation
Rory Weiner, Esq., B.C.S., Ph.D. is board certified in business litigation by the Florida Bar. He focuses his practice on advising small businesses and their families. His experience includes advising about business start up issues, litigating business disputes at trials and arbitration hearings, and handling appeals. Mr. Weiner has handled numerous jury and non-jury trials, arbitration hearings and both state and federal appellate cases. He is also a title insurance agent for Old Republic Title Insurance Company and the Attorneys Title Fund. He advises businesses on all aspects real estate law, title issues and financing, including acting as the closing agent for commercial and residential real estate transactions.
• Rory B. Weiner, P.A., Founder and Principal (2003-present)
• Law Offices of Stearns Weaver Miller Weissler Alhadeff & Sitterson, P.A., Tampa, Florida, Commercial Litigation Department (2001-2003);
• Federal Judicial Law Clerk, for Honorable Michael A. Ponsor, in the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts (1999-2001).
States and Courts admitted to Practice Law
• Florida Bar (2000);
• Massachusetts Bar (2000);
• United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida (2001);
• United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit (2001).
• United States Supreme Court (2008)
• Board Certified in Business Litigation by the Florida Bar (2011)
Presentations/ Legal Publications
• J.D., Western New England College School of Law (1999) (Law Review)
• Ph.D. University of Florida (Philosophy/Ethics) (1993) (Humanities Fellow)
• B.A. University of Florida (Philosophy) (1985)
• B.S. University of South Florida (Biology) (1984)
Prior to Becoming an Attorney
Rory Weiner earned a Ph.D. in moral philosophy from the University of Florida in 1993. There, he wrote his dissertation on applied ethics and health care policy under the supervision of the world-renowned Oxford philosopher and ethicist R. M. Hare. Mr. Weiner has published articles on moral philosophy and professional ethics (cited above) and has given numerous lectures at conferences on these topics.
Mr. Weiner also spent many years teaching moral, political, and legal philosophy. A sample of his teaching positions includes the following:
• Certified Paralegal, National Association of Legal Assistants (2004-Present)
• Florida Certified Paralegal, Paralegal Association of Florida (2006-Present)
• Florida Registered Paralegal, Florida Bar (2008- Present)
• Associate of Science, Paralegal/Legal Studies, Hillsborough Community College (May, 2002)
• Associate of Science, Criminal Justice, Hillsborough Community College (December, 2002)
• Bachelor of Science, Paralegal/Legal Studies, Florida Gulf Coast University (May 2009)
Jennifer R. Wallace is a Certified Paralegal and a Florida Registered Paralegal with the Florida Bar. She assists the firm’s attorneys in the areas of commercial litigation, probate, wills and trusts, small business law, and real estate. She works directly with clients in assisting attorneys with drafting discovery for litigation matters and she monitors deadlines for cases and trials. Jennifer also works closely with clients to ensure accuracy and efficiency while assisting attorneys in drafting documents. She is always available to answer clients’ questions about the status of their cases.
Alicia Johnson - Office Manager
Jennifer R. Wallace, CP, CFLA, FRP
Alicia Johnson is the firm’s Office Manager. Ms. Johnson manages the firm’s client intake process, new matter preparation and all back office duties. She is happy to answer your questions about billing and case status.
Carol Boyette-Miller - Title and Closing Representative
Carol has over 30 years’ experience in the title industry and is familiar with all functions of the industry. With her knowledge and skills, she is able to handle all transactions from start to finish on both residential and commercial closings. As an experienced closer, her goal is to make each closing stress free for all parties involved.
Rory B. Weiner, P.A. is a law office practicing Business Law, Civil Litigation, Real Estate Law, Closing Services, Probate and Wills & Trusts.
Our Law Firm office is located in Brandon, Florida at the Lumsden Executive Park.
We also represent clients in Riverview, Apollo Beach, Seffner, Valrico, New Tampa,
South Tampa and the surrounding Tampa Bay Area.
• Book Review, “The Hanging Judge, a Novel” by Michael A. Ponsor, The Florida Bar Journal, May, 2014 Volume 88, No. 5, p. 44.
• The Thirteenth Judicial Circuit 2014 Pro Bono Service Award Winners, Lawyer Magazine , Hillsborough County Bar Association, May, 2014, Vol. 24, No. 6, pp 48-51.
• “Pro Bono as a Gratifying Experience.” Lawyer, The Hillsborough County Bar Association. Vol. 23, No. 3 (January 2013).
• “Are you Currently Handling a Pro Bono Case?” Lawyer, The Hillsborough County Bar Association Vol. 22, No. 5 (March 2012).
• 2010 FR/BAR Residential Contract, Summary of New Provisions, Workshop for Realtors
• Resolving Real Estate Title Defects, The Purchase Agreement, Title Insurance, and The Closing Protection Letter, CLE Lecture (National Business Institute, February 9, 2011).
• What’s in a Name? Introduction to Trademark Law, August 2009 workshop for business owners
• Ethical Issues for Paralegals, Presented to the Paralegal Association of Florida, May 5, 2009.
• Am I Liable? Distinguishing Business and Personal Liability, February 2009 workshop for business owners
• Resolving Real Estate Title Defects: Insured Closings—The Closing Protection Letter, CLE Lecture (National Business Institute, June 4, 2007).
• Real Estate Transaction: Simple Becomes Solid: Due Diligence Issues and Litigations Perspectives, CLE, Lecture (National Business Institute, Nov. 16, 2006).
• Instructor, Paralegal Program, Hillsborough Community College, taught Business Organizations, Real Estate Law, Wills and Trusts courses (2003-2006).
• Coach for the Brandon YMCA, 3-6 year olds (2001-2005);
• Rotarian in the Tampa East Rotary Club (2003-2006) (Board of Directors);
• Volunteer attorney for Bay Area Legal Services (2001-present);
• Small Business Development Committee member, Greater Brandon Chamber (2005-2007)
• Board Member, The Greater Seffner Area Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors (2005-present);
• President, The Greater Seffner Area Chamber of Commerce (2009-2011)
• President, Brandon Bar Association (2003-2006; 2011-2012)
• Secretary, Brandon Bar Association (2003-2006; 2011-present)
• University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida (1986-1994)
• Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts (1994-1995)
• Northeastern University, Boston Massachusetts (1996)
• Westfield State College, Westfield, Massachusetts (1996-1999)
• Paralegal Advisory Committee, Hillsborough Community College (2006-Present)
• Member, Paralegal Association of Florida, Inc. (2003-Present)
• Treasurer, Paralegal Association of Florida, Inc. (2010-2012)
• Member, Hillsborough Chapter, Paralegal Association of Florida, Inc. (2003-Present)
• President, Hillsborough Chapter, Paralegal Association of Florida, Inc. (2008-2010)
Attorneys at Law - Brandon/Tampa (813) 681-3300
~ Business Law ~
Phone: (813) 681-3300
Fax: (813) 681-3391